Private and Public Funding
There are certain cases whereby legal aid will not be available. For example, most road traffic law cases do not meet the merits to be able to obtain legal aid, even if a client is on benefits or a very low income.
We aim to discuss such cases with our clients to explain why legal aid will not be granted and assist them through the court rules and procedures. In these types of cases private funding can be arranged. Under some circumstances, we will liaise with insurance companies for funding, in a bid to release some pressure from clients
We are able to offer fixed fees for certain cases. To find out more, please contact us on 01376 511819 or use our online enquiry form.
We always offer a free initial consultation to in which we discuss legal aid.
ALL our clients have the opportunity to discuss the merits of their particular case. We aim to secure legal aid to all clients who meet the criteria set by the Legal Services Commission (LSC). This means that our services are free of charge.
All our clients are entitled to legal aid when they are:
1. At the police station
2. Appear at the Crown Court
3. Are under the age of 18
4. On a low income (under £21,000) and appear at the magistrates’ court and their case merits legal aid
5. Receive certain benefits (eg Jobs seekers allowance) and their case merits legal aid
Clients will NOT receive Legal Aid when:
1. They appear at the magistrates court for most road traffic cases
2. If they form part of a partnership, have their own business or earn in excess of £21,000