There are many driving offences which can vary from minor offences to major offences and so can the punishments. We can help with drink and drug driving matters, mobile phone offences, speeding, dangerous driving and driving without insurance to name a few.
These laws are in place to protect you, however if you have fallen victim to such an offence, then we are here to help you get out of it. At Levy and Co Solicitors, we are trained to handle every issue promptly and professionally, to help put your mind at ease.
Motoring offence, Summary only , Guilty Plea
Motoring Offences Fixed Fees
• Driving with excess alcohol • Fail to provide a sample for analysis - Drink /Drug Driving • Driving under the influence of Drugs
• Careless and inconsiderate driving
• Failing to give information as to the identity of the driver
• Failing to stop or report, and speeding.
•Using a mobile phone - Driving
Fixed Fees: From £500 + vat
What is included?
● Attendance and/or preparation;
● Considering the evidence;
● Taking your instructions;
● Providing advice on likely sentence;
● Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court.
What is not included?
● Instruction of any expert witnesses;
● Taking statements from any witnesses;
● Advice and assistance in relation to a Special Reasons hearing;
● Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal.
Key stages involved
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and
have a date for your hearing. They typically include:
● Meet with your you to provide instructions on what happened;
● Consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice;
● Arranging to take any witness statements, if necessary (this will have an additional cost,
charged at an hourly rate of £200.00 plus vat
● Explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing,
and the sentencing options available to the Court;
● Conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you, if necessary, and
answer any follow up queries you have;
● Attend court on the day, meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at
court for half a day
● Discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Please note we cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
Special Reasons These concern exclusively to situations where the accused has been found or has pleaded guilty and now faces
disqualification unless he/she can persuade the Court that the circumstances of the offence are such that it would be unjust to impose a disqualification.
Motoring offence, summary
Each fixed fee set out below is exclusive of VAT and includes preparation for the Magistrates’ Court hearing including advice and collation of evidence, representation at court by one of our specialist solicitors and advice on appeal if that is necessary.
Representation at court upon Guilty plea with sentence at a single hearing
£500 plus vat
Representation at court upon guilty plea with sentence at a separate hearing
£750 plus vat
Not guilty plea and half day trial
£1500 plus vat
Not guilty plea and full day trial
£2000 plus vat
Additional day or part day of trial
£500 plus vat
Exceptional hardship argument to avoid disqualification
£750 plus vat
Special reasons argument to avoid disqualification
Fees as for trials
Half day – £1500 plus vat
Full day – £2000 plus vat
Appeal to the Crown Court Appeal against sentence – £1800 plus vat
Additional Expenses In addition, some trials will involve the instruction of experts to provide reports
such as ‘back calculations’ where you are alleging post-driving consumption of alcohol. The fee for
these reports is not included in the fixed-fess set out above, and there will be an additional cost, often
in the region of £300 plus vat
Representation at a more distant court will incur an additional expense of £50 plus vat /per hour exclusive travel time. Any mileage to more distant courts will be at the inclusive rate of £0.45 per mile with additional disbursements such as parking.
Although unlikely, some cases may be particularly complicated and therefore unsuited to a fixed fee approach. We will identify such cases immediately and provide you with separate advice as to the likely cost to conclusion.