- Levy & Co Solicitors is committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure.
You need to know that by you using this website we can collect information about you. As we have an obligation to process and collect any personal information lawfully safely and securely it makes good sense for us to provide you with details of our policy as well as good sense for you to read all about it. This privacy notice is designed to explain how we collect and use that information as well as other details which we think you should know about.
- Who we are
Levy & Co Solicitors LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC346894. A list of members and non-members designated as Partners is available for inspection at the above address, the firm’s principal place of business and registered office. We use the word ‘Partner’ to refer to a member of the LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.
We are a law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) under number 514836. Our registered office is at St. Georges House, 31 Bridge Street, Witham, Essex, CM8 1DY. The SRA Code of Conduct sets out the regulatory framework imposed on service providers such as ours. The current edition of the Code of Conduct is available on the SRA Website at www.sra.org.uk.
- Who regulates our use of personal information
Levy & Co Solicitors is a data controller under the data protection rules and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with Registration Number Z2115437. Our Data Protection Manager is Steven Levy , email S.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information we collect about you when you visit our website
When you visit our website we can gather information about you. The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses or other things that identify you individually.
- Enquiry form
Across our website you may come across a form which allow you to make enquiries about the firm. When you use these forms a member our team will receive the enquiry. This information will then be sent to a lawyer in the department best placed to handle the enquiry.
- What we use your personal information for
It is used to provide you with the services that you have asked us to provide you with, to keep you informed about those we provide as well as keeping you informed about the range of legal services we supply. We may also use the information to ensure we comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities as well as allowing us to keep a record of your relationship with us. In particular:
- Improving the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gathering feedback to improve our services
- Responding to any feedback you send us, if you have requested this
- Providing you with information about other legal services if you want it
- Information gained from the use of our website
By your use of our website we will be able to get information about that usage. This allows us to:
Administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- Where we may store your information
The data that we collect from you will be held in secure servers owned and managed by Levy & Co Solicitors. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Levy & Co Solicitors will do everything reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated and held securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
We will not normally send such data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We may sometimes send such data to a recipient in a country outside the EEA which has been designated by the EU Commission as providing adequate data protection. If we need to send the data to a country outside the EEA that has not been so designated we will have appropriate contract clauses agreed with the recipient place to protect the data.
- Your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation provides you with a number of rights. These include:
- Requesting a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the Data Protection Manager. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Having any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact our Data Protection Manager at the email address above.
- Requesting that we delete your personal data so it is erased from our records.
- Having the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Objecting to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Objecting to automated processing, including profiling. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Protection Manager at the email address above
- Enquiries or complaints
If you have a complaint to make about the processing of your data through our website, then you must contact the firm’s Data Protection Manager at the email address above.
- Changes to this notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will take reasonable steps to draw your attention to this.
Last updated: December 2018