We always offer a free initial consultation to in which we discuss legal aid.
ALL our clients have the opportunity to discuss the merits of their particular case.
We aim to secure legal aid to all clients who meet the criteria set by the Legal Services Commission (LSC). This means that our
services are free of charge.
All our clients are entitled to legal aid when they are:
1. At the police station
2. Appear at the Crown Court
3. Are under the age of 18
4. On a low income (under £21,000) and appear at the magistrates’ court and their case merits legal aid
5. Receive certain benefits (eg Jobs seekers allowance) and their case merits legal aid
Clients will NOT receive Legal Aid when:
1. They appear at the magistrates court for most road traffic cases
2. If they form part of a partnership, have their own business or earn in excess of £21,000
3. If their case does not merit legal aid